That fleeting moment of clarity in the mornings when the nighttime dose of medications has worn off and the morning dose has not yet set in….is actually over.
I missed the window to write a fully coherent post in favor of reading the news while I could still focus.
Lists are easy.
Good things about two days post-op:
- Survived operation.
- Pain is, for the most part, manageable with pills.
- Am able to sit supported and read/write.
- Am terrified to use bathroom so is turning out to be quite effective diet.
- Made it downstairs alone and got myself a glass of water. Also re-positioned self on couch alone.
- Going to attempt a shower today.
Things that still need to improve two days post-op:
- Cannot get up off couch or into/out of bed without help.
- Cannot lift anything heavier than a cup of tea.
- Husband must go to shop for best friend’s birthday gift alone.
- Cannot do more than 3-4 laps around the house before needing to rest.
- Terrified to remove dressing, though today I am allowed to do so.
- Bored as hell with Internet and Hulu (how does that even happen?)
- I keep needing to cough, which hurts so. fucking. bad.